Vorkath is a boss encountered during the Dragon Slayer II quest. An undead blue dragon, Vorkath is guarding an abandoned Dragonkin fortress on Ungael, having been abandoned by his creator due to seeing him as a failure.
The quest variant of Vorkath is significantly weaker than his post-quest counterpart; however, both share the same attacks. After the quest, a stronger variant of Vorkath may be fought. Both the quest and post-quest fights take place in an instance; if the player dies battling Vorkath, they can pay 100,000 coins to Torfinn to reclaim their items. If players die elsewhere, these items will be lost. In addition to this, Torfinn's holding capabilities do not stack with others (e.g Zulrah, Grotesque Guardians), so if players have items being held by one of these fights and dies to Vorkath, the items there will be lost.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 28,136 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,568
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,268–55,902 Rune kiteshield 2–3 Common 64,072–96,108 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,069 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,271 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,226 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,210 Battlestaff 5–30 (noted) Rare 39,605–237,630 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 66,616
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 304–1,000 Common 19,152–63,000 Death rune 45–494 Uncommon 9,585–105,222 Wrath rune 31–200 Uncommon 14,415–93,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 14–32 (noted) Uncommon 20,342–46,496 Blue dragonhide 11–29 (noted) Uncommon 19,624–51,736 Red dragonhide 10–27 (noted) Uncommon 23,180–62,586 Black dragonhide 5–24 (noted) Uncommon 15,505–74,424
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 525–735 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,500–2,100 Ruby bolt tips 31 Uncommon 3,038 Diamond bolt tips 30 Uncommon 5,370 Amethyst bolt tips 27–30 Uncommon 6,453–7,170 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 1,330–5,320 Rune dart tip 86–97 Uncommon 106,898–120,571 Dragon dart tip 11–50 Uncommon 39,270–178,500 Dragon arrowtips 27–50 Uncommon 16,956–31,400 Onyx bolt tips 1–35 Uncommon 8,084–282,940
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 48,540–145,620 Grapes 78–301 (noted) Common 9,282–35,819 Diamond 4–30 (noted) Common 7,568–56,760 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 51,750 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,786–35,358 Adamantite ore 13–25 (noted) Uncommon 11,817–22,725 Adamantite bar 9–30 (noted) Uncommon 17,208–57,360 Dragon bolts (unf) 49–130 Uncommon 63,994–169,780
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1–2 Common 3,958–7,916 Watermelon seed 15 Common 1,140 Ranarr seed 1–2 Uncommon 53,179–106,358 Snapdragon seed 1–2 Uncommon 65,991–131,982 Torstol seed 1–2 Uncommon 59,334–118,668 Willow seed 1–2 Uncommon 2,945–5,890 Teak seed 1–2 Uncommon 67–134 Maple seed 1–2 Uncommon 30,981–61,962 Calquat tree seed 1–2 Uncommon 114–228 Magic seed 1–2 Rare 143,437–286,874 Spirit seed 1–2 Rare Not sold Mahogany seed 1–2 Rare 3,989–7,978 Palm tree seed 1–2 Rare 46,757–93,514 Yew seed 1–2 Rare 76,312–152,624
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 37,800–83,160 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 746 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 20,762–83,048 Superior dragon bones 1–5 Uncommon 14,068–70,340 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 49,593 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 5,598,510 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 29,473,986
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 9,924 Tooth half of key 1 Common 10,166 Chaos talisman 1 Common 560 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 466 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 749 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,320 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 749 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,730 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 880 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,320 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,402 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 16,951 Law rune 45 Uncommon 7,110 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,585 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,482 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,841 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,507 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 4,600 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,786 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,912 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 59,022 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,036 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,896 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,437 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,554
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a "moonwalking" trick to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which says to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •