Vorkath is a boss encountered during the Dragon Slayer II quest. An undead blue dragon, Vorkath is guarding an abandoned Dragonkin fortress on Ungael, having been abandoned by his creator due to seeing him as a failure.
The quest variant of Vorkath is significantly weaker than his post-quest counterpart; however, both share the same attacks. After the quest, a stronger variant of Vorkath may be fought. Both the quest and post-quest fights take place in an instance; if the player dies battling Vorkath, they can pay 100,000 coins to Torfinn to reclaim their items. If players die elsewhere, these items will be lost. In addition to this, Torfinn's holding capabilities do not stack with others (e.g Zulrah, Grotesque Guardians), so if players have items being held by one of these fights and dies to Vorkath, the items there will be lost.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 23,560 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,510
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,212–55,818 Rune kiteshield 2–3 Common 64,030–96,045 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,231 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,317 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,162 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,137 Battlestaff 5–30 (noted) Rare 40,805–244,830 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 74,394
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 304–1,000 Common 27,056–89,000 Death rune 45–494 Uncommon 9,135–100,282 Wrath rune 31–200 Uncommon 12,896–83,200
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 14–32 (noted) Uncommon 19,880–45,440 Blue dragonhide 11–29 (noted) Uncommon 19,305–50,895 Red dragonhide 10–27 (noted) Uncommon 22,410–60,507 Black dragonhide 5–24 (noted) Uncommon 14,645–70,296
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 600–840 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,425–1,995 Ruby bolt tips 31 Uncommon 2,914 Diamond bolt tips 30 Uncommon 5,190 Amethyst bolt tips 27–30 Uncommon 6,021–6,690 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 2,177–8,708 Rune dart tip 86–97 Uncommon 105,866–119,407 Dragon dart tip 11–50 Uncommon 33,979–154,450 Dragon arrowtips 27–50 Uncommon 16,416–30,400 Onyx bolt tips 1–35 Uncommon 8,221–287,735
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 47,550–142,650 Grapes 78–301 (noted) Common 5,694–21,973 Diamond 4–30 (noted) Common 7,564–56,730 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 54,500 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,932–35,796 Adamantite ore 13–25 (noted) Uncommon 13,650–26,250 Adamantite bar 9–30 (noted) Uncommon 17,136–57,120 Dragon bolts (unf) 49–130 Uncommon 56,301–149,370
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1–2 Common 3,589–7,178 Watermelon seed 15 Common 1,065 Ranarr seed 1–2 Uncommon 45,466–90,932 Snapdragon seed 1–2 Uncommon 54,551–109,102 Torstol seed 1–2 Uncommon 58,385–116,770 Willow seed 1–2 Uncommon 3,620–7,240 Teak seed 1–2 Uncommon 85–170 Maple seed 1–2 Uncommon 28,320–56,640 Calquat tree seed 1–2 Uncommon 120–240 Magic seed 1–2 Rare 118,931–237,862 Spirit seed 1–2 Rare Not sold Mahogany seed 1–2 Rare 3,029–6,058 Palm tree seed 1–2 Rare 39,781–79,562 Yew seed 1–2 Rare 68,162–136,324
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 28,075–61,765 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 917 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 18,991–75,964 Superior dragon bones 1–5 Uncommon 11,780–58,900 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 31,802 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 4,940,340 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 26,536,000
- Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster also has access to the rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Common Not sold Loop half of key 1 Common 10,307 Tooth half of key 1 Common 10,840 Chaos talisman 1 Common 505 Uncut sapphire 1 Common 455 Uncut emerald 1 Uncommon 679 Uncut ruby 1 Uncommon 1,249 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 744 Steel arrow 150 Uncommon 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Uncommon 2,940 Rune javelin 5 Uncommon 875 Adamant javelin 20 Uncommon 1,220 Runite bar 1 Uncommon 12,368 Nature rune 67 Uncommon 14,539 Law rune 45 Uncommon 7,470 Death rune 45 Uncommon 9,135 Rune battleaxe 1 Uncommon 24,487 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,758 Rune sq shield 1 Uncommon 22,459 Silver ore 100 (noted) Uncommon 7,000 Dragonstone 1 Uncommon 11,932 Uncut diamond 1 Rare 2,627 Dragon med helm 1 Rare 58,488 Rune kiteshield 1 Rare 32,015 Rune spear 1 Rare 11,933 Shield left half 1 Rare 65,697 Dragon spear 1 Rare 37,226
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a "moonwalking" trick to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which says to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •