Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 23,638 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,576
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,326–55,989 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,176–160,440 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,274 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,317 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,265 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,223 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 41,065–123,195 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 72,370
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 65,000–100,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 62,100–103,500 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,420–41,400
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 37,175–47,584 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 35,760–53,640 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 34,425–57,375 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 45,345–75,575
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 575–805 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,575–2,205 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,400–3,360 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,425–6,195 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 5,500–6,600 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 2,037–8,148 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 41,050–246,300 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 92,625–134,615 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 33,060–165,300 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 16,000–32,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 10,280–30,840 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 19,260–57,780 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 48,280–144,840 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 16,750–20,167 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 54,650 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,897–35,691 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 56,500–113,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,966 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,155 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 45,447 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 59,035 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 58,007 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 4,085 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 83 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 32,133 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 129 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 3,341 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 44,886 Yew seed 1 Rare 71,195 Magic seed 1 Rare 119,140 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–81,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55 (noted) Common 28,525–62,755 Wrath talisman 1 Uncommon 896 Rare drop table 1–3 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–28 (noted) Uncommon 19,523–78,092 Vorkath's head 1 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 35,821 Vorki 1 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 5,289,363 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 27,257,323
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 10,365 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 11,315 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 436 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,422 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 14,941 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,804 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,468 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 700 Law rune 45 Very rare 8,235 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,315 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,800 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 3,150 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,538 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,897 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 8,100 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,278 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,088 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,001 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,910 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,750 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,980 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,623 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 875
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •