Vorkath killed my dad. I hate his guts so much, I hope he dies.
Vorkath uses a variety of attacks, primarily range and mage attacks, as well as melee if standing next to him. He can also use three types of dragonfire: regular, venomous, and prayer-disabling kind. His dragonfire is stronger than other dragons' and requires more tiers of protection to block. The final common attack is a fireball he launches high in the air that must be dodged or it will deal substantial damage.
Occasionally (after six normal/dragonfire attacks), he will use one of two special attacks and alternate between them:
- Freezing the player in place and summoning a Zombified Spawn that will approach the player and explode violently if not killed, resulting in up to 60 damage
- Launching acid pools around the area and rapidly spitting fireballs at the player that must be dodged or they will deal high damage very quickly
Once Vorkath is killed, he will return to his original pose, and if Dragon Slayer II is completed, can be re-woken for another battle.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Superior dragon bones 2 Always 24,724 Blue dragonhide 2 Always 3,442
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune longsword 2–3 Common 37,242–55,863 Rune kiteshield 2–5 Common 64,146–160,365 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 119,034 Dragon longsword 1 Uncommon 59,294 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,139 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 161,239 Battlestaff 5–15 (noted) Uncommon 39,305–117,915 Dragonbone necklace 1 Very rare (1/1,000) 79,938
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 650–1,000 Common 46,150–71,000 Death rune 300–500 Uncommon 64,200–107,000 Wrath rune 30–100 Uncommon 12,300–41,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Green dragonhide 25–32 (noted) Common 34,250–43,840 Blue dragonhide 20–30 (noted) Common 34,420–51,630 Red dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 33,600–56,000 Black dragonhide 15–25 (noted) Uncommon 42,840–71,400
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Sapphire bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 425–595 Emerald bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 1,425–1,995 Ruby bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 2,400–3,360 Diamond bolt tips 25–35 Uncommon 4,300–6,020 Amethyst bolt tips 25–30 Uncommon 5,775–6,930 Dragonstone bolt tips 7–28 Uncommon 1,470–5,880 Onyx bolt tips 5–30 Uncommon 40,545–243,270 Rune dart tip 75–109 Uncommon 94,275–137,013 Dragon dart tip 10–50 Uncommon 30,950–154,750 Dragon arrowtips 25–50 Uncommon 15,925–31,850
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Adamantite ore 10–30 (noted) Common 9,970–29,910 Diamond 10–30 (noted) Common 18,280–54,840 Crushed nest 10–30 (noted) Common 47,230–141,690 Grapes 250–301 (noted) Common 25,000–30,100 Magic logs 50 (noted) Common 48,950 Dragonstone 1–3 (noted) Uncommon 11,700–35,100 Dragon bolts (unf) 50–100 Uncommon 52,650–105,300
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Papaya tree seed 1 Uncommon 3,103 Watermelon seed 15 Uncommon 1,350 Ranarr seed 1 Uncommon 70,113 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 68,785 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 53,367 Willow seed 1 Uncommon 1,648 Teak seed 1 Uncommon 43 Maple seed 1 Uncommon 28,591 Calquat tree seed 1 Uncommon 82 Mahogany seed 1 Rare 2,115 Palm tree seed 1 Rare 40,905 Yew seed 1 Rare 62,146 Magic seed 1 Rare 125,507 Spirit seed 1 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 20,000–8,100,000 Common Not sold Manta ray 25–55,555 (noted) Common 34,900–77,554,780 Wrath talisman 100,000 Uncommon 125,800,000 Rare drop table 1–3,500 Uncommon Not sold Dragon bones 7–4,207,369 (noted) Uncommon 19,600–11,780,633,200 Vorkath's head 73 Uncommon (1/50) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 35 Uncommon (1/65) Not sold Jar of decay 1 Very rare (1/3,000) 74,006 Vorki 10 Very rare (1/3,000) Not sold Draconic visage 73 Very rare (1/5,000) 334,543,670 Skeletal visage 1 Very rare (1/5,000) 29,196,825
- ↑ Players will always receive Vorkath's head on their 50th Vorkath kill.
Rare drop tableIn addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 9,766 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 9,768 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 448 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,402 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 17,688 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,769 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,427 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 691 Law rune 45 Very rare 6,750 Death rune 45 Very rare 9,630 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,436 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,240 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,467 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 11,700 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 5,400 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,284 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,073 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 58,719 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,938 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,560 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,963 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 2,674 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 740
- Originally, the post-quest Vorkath had 640 Hitpoints. This was changed to 1,000 with increased stats due to players being able to use a tactic in order to deal damage during the poison pool attack without taking any damage. Kill times were reset following this fix.
- Many players criticised this, as it made Vorkath incredibly hard to kill, especially for players who could not afford a dragon warhammer or were off-task. As a result, Vorkath's health was reduced to 750 the following day, with any damage dealt to him during the poison pool attack being reduced. In addition, it also made the salve amulet and its variants work against him. Like the first hotfix, kill times were reset again.
- Due to player requests of how poor Vorkath's drops were given the time needed to kill it, several of Vorkath's drops were increased, and given the ability to roll for two drops at a time. However, player complaints about how overpowered it was and the drop values being similar to Zulrah caused fears of items crashing, so some of the more lucrative drops were reduced as a result. The same update also increased the damage players could deal to Vorkath during his poison pool attack, up to 50% of their maximum hit.
- Vorkath's post-quest examine is a reference to a similar saying Let sleeping dogs lie, which means to avoid interfering with situations where nothing is currently wrong.
• • •
Dragons and dragon-like races
• • • • •
• • • • •
Lava • •