- REDIRECT Template:Quest
|Start point||Begin by speaking to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.|
|Description||A wanted man is on the loose. Can you track him down?|
|Enemies to defeat|
To begin, speak with Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park. Ask if he has any jobs for you, and he lets you know that a clerk has made an error and that you're not actually permitted to be a Temple Knight. It turns out you have to work as a squire for five years. This is too long, so Sir Tiffy offers an alternative by exploiting a loophole. He'll then ask you to go see Sir Amik Varze in the White Knights' Castle.
Sir Amik Varze
- Note: If wearing Initiate armour during the chat with Sir Amik Varze, the dialogue will be different, but you may still go through the quest without it.
Sir Amik Varze is on the 2nd floor[ on the west side in the ]White Knights' Castle in Falador. He will ask you to become a squire after a small conversation. Decline his offer, and the conversation will continue. If you do not decline his offer to become a squire, he will ask for Asgarnian ale in an endless loop. Speak to Sir Tiffy Cashien to undo this. It turns out that there needs to be a crisis for you to become a deputy, but there is no current crisis. Report back to Sir Tiffy in Falador Park. For some players, Sir Tiffy will not say anything about a crisis until you have spoken to him a few times. Eventually, Sir Tiffy will inform you of a crisis that has arisen. Head back to talk to Sir Amik again.
Amik will tell you the news that a criminal named Solus Dellagar, the "infamous murder-mage," is back. Follow the very unclear conversation through to the end, and accept his mission.
The Communication Orb
Items Needed: 10000 coins or 1 law rune, 1 molten glass, and 1 enchanted gem
Once again, go back to Sir Tiffy Cashien. It turns out you're just the "agent" that needs to locate Solus Dellagar. As an agent, you need to be in constant communication. Sir Tiffy offers you a communication device for 10,000 coins, or he can make one if you bring the supplies. Give Sir Tiffy the money or the supplies (a law rune, an enchanted gem and molten glass). Either way, you'll receive a Commorb from him. It is needed for the whole quest.
Use the "contact" feature on the orb to talk to Savant. It turns out that you should investigate the Black Knight Hideout in Taverley Dungeon, and investigate the Mage of Zamorak in Varrock that is interested in Runecrafting (this is where you will need your 20 pure essence).
Next, head over to the Taverley Dungeon. From the west bank in Falador, you can use the Agility shortcut (level 5 Agility required), and keep heading northwest towards Taverley until you see a ladder. Use the ladder and follow the dungeon north, then east, then south past the magic axes, Poison Scorpions, chaos dwarves (do not cross the bridge), and finally past the Hill Giants, and into the Black Knights' rooms.
Continue through the double doors, and talk to Lord Daquarius in the southwesternmost room. He tells you nothing. Savant will call you. (Use the contact option on the Commorb if she doesn't call automatically.) She advises you to try to bluff him into giving you something. Go kill a level 33 Black Knight to make Lord Daquarius give in and beg you not to kill any more of his men. He tells you that Solus Dellagar is in a place with a lot of fur, but that the fur is not from a bear.
- Note: The Black Knight kill won't count if you kill it before talking to Lord Daquarius, if you leave the room after the kill, or if you get interrupted during the ensuing conversation.
Zamorak MageItems needed: 20 unnoted rune/pure essence, Commorb
NOTE: Do not equip any Saradomin or Guthix items (such as Void Knight equipment) or the Zamorak Mage will refuse to speak with you. In addition, if you have talked to the Zamorak Mage within the wilderness prior you can go straight to the Chaos Altar in Varrock.
Head to Edgeville (or directly to the Chaos Altar if you have already done the Abyss miniquest) and grab 20 unnoted rune/pure essence from the bank. Follow the river into the Wilderness where the Mage of Zamorak will be at the end of the river, and he will then tell you to meet him "somewhere" in Varrock, which is the Chaos Altar in the temple in South East Varrock.
Talk to him about Solus Dellagar, and make sure you do not wear anything of Guthix or Saradomin (including Void). The Zamorak Mage wants your orb in return for information, but Savant explains that it would be useless to him. He offers to trade his information for 20 rune essence instead. Talk to him again with the unnoted essence. The mage gives your character the tip that Solus went east. Your character connects "east" with the previous tip, "fur," and realises that Solus must be in Canifis with the werewolves.
Either run to Canifis or, if you have completed Ghosts Ahoy, grab your Ectophial from the bank to teleport there. Alternatively, you teleport to the Slayer Tower using a Slayer ring and run south, or use the fairy ring code cks to get nearby.
Once in Canifis, Savant will call you and tell you in a lengthy conversation that Solus is probably using a unique "slow teleport", which makes him invisible. If you accidentally keep running and skip the conversation with Savant, step outside the town back to the fairy ring and the conversation will trigger again. Now, use the "scan" option on your Commorb as you walk around the town until you uncover Solus Dellagar. Solus briefly appears, speaks with you, and disappears.
Savant then calls and finds that she is able to pull items off of Solus as he escapes. These items give you a clue as to Solus' next whereabouts. From this point on, you'll be chasing Solus throughout RuneScape, and each time you find him, you'll receive an item. That item is a hint for where to go next. These items are always random, so here's a list of items that you may receive, along with where you should go:
- Banana - Musa Point banana plantation
- Bear fur - Ardougne Market
- Beer - Dragon Inn in Yanille (fairy ring - ciq)
- Blue wizard hat - Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village, ground floor library. (Fairy ring dis)
- Blue cape - Inside Champions' Guild
- Bone spear - Dorgesh-Kaan mine - Bring a light source, and follow the goblin to the back of the cave in order to scan for Solus. You'll find a woman who is a "poor maiden kidnapped by the evil Solus," but it turns out to be Solus, who will sucker punch you and leave.
- Castle wars ticket - Castle Wars
- Cream hat - The Grand Tree, in the base of the trunk just through the double doors (not by the clothing store that sells the hat).
- Earmuffs - Canifis Slayer Tower (fairy ring - cks)
- Right eye patch - Brimhaven pub
- Fake beard - Ali Morrisane's stall in Al Kharid
- Fremennik cloak - Rellekka
- Fur - Ardougne Market
- Giant frog legs - Lumbridge Swamp Caves - Bring a light source, a spiny helmet, and if it is your first time entering, a rope. Head to the level 99 frogs, near the entry down to Chasm of Tears, to scan for him.
- Goblin mail - Goblin Village
- Greenman's ale - Yanille pub
- Red vine worm - McGrubor's Wood (fairy ring als)
- Rune/pure essence (20 noted) - Rune essence mines
- Toy horsey - Draynor Village, near Diango.
- Unholy symbol - Grave of Scorpius, south of Shrine of Scorpius, north of the Observatory with all the ghosts
At some point, Solus Dellagar will appear at a location and hit you with a particularly strong cast of Flames of Zamorak. Depending on your Hitpoints level, it will do up to 96 damage. It won't kill you, and Savant will teleport you back to Falador, in the White Knights' Castle without losing anything.
After a few locations, make sure to have a weapon and armour. At the second-to-last location (the one before the Rune essence mine), Solus will summon a level 32 Black Knight to take you out. Kill it.
Your last clue will be 20 noted pure/rune essence. Bank and equip a weapon and armour for the final fight. Use any rune essence teleport spot you want, and Savant will close off possible teleports in order to trap him. After a small cutscene, Savant will summon 15 rangers to assist you, but Solus kills them all with Ice Barrage.
Go attack Solus yourself and kill him, and you'll get his hat. He's fairly easy as he has been weakened after using such a powerful attack on the Temple Knight rangers.. He has no specific Combat level, has 40 Hitpoints and only uses melee. After the fight, Savant congratulates you. You are returned to the rune essence teleport location. If you lose Solus's hat, contact Savant for another one.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Required for completing
Completion of Wanted! is required for the following:
- If you are wearing Initiate armour when you talk to Sir Amik Varze about quitting the Temple Knights, he will point it out and your character will boast about getting to keep "the cool armour".
- The quote "Dead or Alive, You're coming with me" that your character says before being blasted by Solus' spell, is likely a reference to the film 'RoboCop'
- Before spawning a Black Knight to fight you, Solus quotes: ''Say hello to my little friend!'', a reference to the film 'Scarface'
- When you get the bone spear as one of your teleport items, Savant used to say "I have never heard of them" when you mention the Dorgeshuun goblins. This references the quest "The Lost Tribe" because the goblins had been in hiding since the God Wars. After the September 2017 update, Savant will instead ask the player if they have ever heard of "a group of goblins that have been around since Fossil Island was abandoned".
- When you get the bone spear the player will speak as if they know of the Dorgeshuun goblins even if you have not started "The Lost Tribe" quest.
In order to increase your ranking, you must kill a certain number of Black Knights. You start off as a Novice at 0 kills, and as you kill more knights, you'll grow in your rank. Killing Black Knights on a free-to-play server will raise your knight ranking.
- Novice - 100 Black Knights
- Peon - 200 Black Knights
- Page - 300 Black Knights
- Noble - 500 Black Knights
- Adept - 800 Black Knights
- Master - 1,300 Black Knights
The White Knight Armoury
With the completion of this quest, you'll have access to an entirely new type of armour: White armour!
|Picture||Weapon or Armour||Rank||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other Bonuses|
|Chainbody||Novice||Magic -15||Stab +22|
|Magic +1||Strength +7|
|Medium Helm||Page||Magic -3|
|Square Shield||Page||Magic -6|
|Magic Staff||Noble||Stab +2|
|Full Helm||Adept||Magic -6|
Range + 40
|Range -1||Strength +26|
|Slash +1||Strength +14|
|Two-handed sword||Master||Stab -4|
Crush + 21
|Range -1||Strength +22|
Slash + 2