|Location on World Map|
|Northern Sea||←||Weiss||→||Frozen Waste Plateau|
Weiss is a ice troll settlement located in the North. Many years ago, a rogue tribe of ice trolls, led by Mother, attempted to invade the Keldagrim Mines. With vital support of the then-young Wise Old Man, the Black Guard managed to drive away Mother and his tribe of ice trolls, forcing them to flee northwards. Now, the tribe lives in Weiss, still holding a grudge against their mortal enemy, the Wise Old Man.
During the quest Making Friends with My Arm, the player and My Arm attempt to establish trade with the Weiss trolls. During this trip, My Arm falls in love with Snowflake, the daughter of the tribe's leader, Mother. In an attempt to impress him, a plan is devised to have the Wise Old Man "dead" before Mother via the use of a cadava potion. However, he sees through the trick and plans to execute the player, the Wise Old Man, My Arm and Snowflake. The group puts up a fight and successfully kills Mother. Now, Snowflake is Weiss's leader and My Arm her husband.
Weiss can be reached via two ways:
- Using the icy basalt teleports players near the herb patches in the western part of town.
- Using Larry's boat north-east of Rellekka and sailing to Weiss from there.
In order to make use of it, players must first build a fire pit, requiring 2 mahogany planks, 2 steel bars, 100 efh salt, 50 te salt and 150 urt salt. A hammer, saw and tinderbox are required as well.
- Troll inhabitants:
- Other inhabitants:
- Weiss means 'white' in German.
- Weiss was a suggestion from an Old School RuneScape player back in 2016. Mod Ash announced at RuneFest 2016 to work on a troll quest, which would take place in Weiss ("The ugly black square above the Ice Path").
- There are several inaccessible locations found around Weiss, which can be viewed if players have an oculus orb.
- South of the town itself, a hunter area can be seen filled with deadfall traps. However, there are no hunter creatures to be seen.
- To the east, a large fortress can be seen. In RuneScape 3, this is the abandoned Zarosian fortress known as Ghorrock.
- South of the fortress, an Old Shrine can be seen, with the examine text stating "An ancient stone, possibly used in some sort of ritual." This shrine is in fact the ritual marker used by the Mahjarrat in their Ritual of Rejuvenation.