West Ardougne is a members-only city and part of the capital of Kandarin. It is only available to players who have partially completed the Plague City quest. It has been badly stricken by a mysterious plague which has been claimed to have been brought into the city on its king's last visit. This plague is deadly and will kill anyone who is not wearing appropriate clothing while inside the city. Its neighbouring city, East Ardougne, is an opposite, being one of the wealthiest cities in RuneScape. West Ardougne is ruled by King Tyras, although he left the city just before the plague struck to adventure the forests of Tirannwn.
In addition to the plague, West Ardougne is also known for containing the entrance to the Underground Pass.
There are very few ways to enter West Ardougne:
- Through the pipe under Elena's house (during and after Plague City).
- During Biohazard, the entrance from Plague City becomes sealed and you must use a shortcut over the wall via Omart (getting to this part of the quest takes only a few minutes).
- If Biohazard has been completed, you can pass through the main gate from East Ardougne.
- Coming from Tirannwn via the Underground Pass.
- Casting West Ardougne Teleport from the Arceuus spellbook.
Points of interest
There are some interesting places in West Ardougne to explore.
A housing area containing Men, Women, Rats, NPC children and NPC civilians. If you talk to one of these civilians, they will buy a cat or overgrown cat from you for 100 death runes (200 if you have completed the easy Ardougne Diary). It is located near the graveyard.
- An anvil in the north of the city
- A range in a north-eastern building.- This can only be accessed after Biohazard
- A sink in the same building as the range
There are no quests to start in West Ardougne, but the city is involved with the following quests: